What Causes Low Blood Pressure?
Current guidelines identify normal blood pressure as equal to or lower than 120/80 - many experts think 115/75 is optimal.
Conditions that can cause low blood pressure
Some medical conditions can cause low blood pressure. These include:
Pregnancy. Because a woman's circulatory system expands rapidly during pregnancy, blood pressure is likely to drop. During the first 24 weeks of pregnancy, systolic pressure commonly drops by five to 10 points and diastolic pressure by as much as 10 to 15 points. This is normal, and blood pressure usually returns to your pre-pregnancy level after you've given birth.
Heart problems. Some heart conditions that can lead to low blood pressure include extremely low heart rate (bradycardia), heart valve problems, heart attack and heart failure. These conditions may cause low blood pressure because they prevent your body from being able to circulate enough blood.
Endocrine problems. An underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism) or overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) can cause low blood pressure. In addition, other conditions, such as adrenal insufficiency (Addison's disease), low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) and, in some cases, diabetes, can trigger low blood pressure.
Dehydration. When you become dehydrated, your body loses more water than it takes in. Even mild dehydration can cause weakness, dizziness and fatigue. Fever, vomiting, severe diarrhea, overuse of diuretics and strenuous exercise can all lead to dehydration.
Far more serious is hypovolemic shock, a life-threatening complication of dehydration. It occurs when low blood volume causes a sudden drop in blood pressure and a reduction in the amount of oxygen reaching your tissues. If untreated, severe hypovolemic shock can cause death within a few minutes or hours.
Blood loss. Losing a lot of blood from a major injury or internal bleeding reduces the amount of blood in your body, leading to a severe drop in blood pressure.
Severe infection (septicemia). Septicemia can happen when an infection in the body enters the bloodstream. These conditions can lead to a life-threatening drop in blood pressure called septic shock.
Severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis). Anaphylaxis is a severe and potentially life-threatening allergic reaction. Common triggers of anaphylaxis include foods, certain medications, insect venoms and latex. Anaphylaxis can cause breathing problems, hives, itching, a swollen throat and a drop in blood pressure.
Lack of nutrients in your diet. A lack of the vitamins B-12 and folate can cause anemia, a condition in which your body doesn't produce enough red blood cells, causing low blood pressure.
Reverse Any Diabetes Easily -
Video 🌡 Best Supplements For Quickly Lowering Blood Pressure 100% Naturally
- what natural vitamins lower blood pressure
- what supplement helps lower blood pressure
- what vitamins and minerals lower blood pressure
What Herbs Or Vitamins Will Help Lower My Blood Pressure
I am a Certified Nutritional Consultant with over 10 years working in the supplements industry. I genuinely enjoy the subject of natural healing and really pay attention to what works with the customers I deal with.
There are some really well put together formulas with a great record of success. One of the first I would consider is Blood Pressure Factors by Michael's Naturopathic Programs. This product has a wide variety of ingredients, formulated to help balance the blood pressure. You can take a look at the information on the formula here: [link]
Other individual products include: Garlic, Essential Fatty Acids (from Fish Oil, Flaxseed Oil, and Hempseed Oil), Hawthorne, Ginger, and Celery Seed. Remember that quality really matters. Do a little research into quality brands before buying a product.
I like Blue Bonnet, Natural Factors, New Chapter, and Barleans. These companies make good versions of the products I mentioned above.
Modifications to your diet will also help. Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables. This will help to alkalinize your blood which will reduce the inflammation which is likely the reason your blood pressure is high. You could also reduce your consumption of processed foods, refined salt, and refined carbohydrates including sugar and flour.
If you have a lot of anxiety, consider deep breathing and/or meditation. This is like practice to be a more calm person. The more calmly we handle the stresses in our lives, the less inflammation there is likely to be in the bloodstream. Again, less inflammation= lower blood pressure.
Regardless of what method you choose, I hope you achieve your health goals. Have an awesome day.
High Blood Pression Remedy
Usually the first step to take is to cut out salt and sodium in the diet, limit to less than 1500 mg a day. Exercise, even walking 30-60 minutes a day, every day. Control weight or lose weight then maintain a desired weight according to the BMI charts. There are no herbs or food to lower it
Best Nutritional Supplements For Hypertension. Here Are The Supplements I Took To Lower Blood Pressure In Just 10 Days. Pros And Cons Of Nutritional Supplements.
What Do You Do To Lower Blood Pressure
What can a person do to lower their blood pressure
Non-medical modes of treatment of high blood pressure
(1) Change your outlook and the life style:High blood pressure is a result of fast and competitive modern life.
If you possess a tense personality, straight away implement efforts to change your mental attitude. Do not compete with the clock
(2) Restrict salt-intake: In fact, salt is an old habit of human beings. The salt-content of natural foods is remarkably low. It is man who adds salt to food at every step.
Extensive studies have shown that in all those countries where the average salt intake is high, the incidence of high blood pressure, too, is high.
(3) Reduce your weight if you are obese: High blood pressure and obesity are intimately related. High blood pressure is extremely common in fat persons.Many a times, blood pressure drops merely by reducing weight .
(4) Take exercises and do yogasanas regularly: That light exercises and yogasanas reduce blood pressure is a proven fact .
(5) Cultivate correct dietary habits: A person with high blood pressure consume low-sugar, low-saturated fat, low-salt, and low-calorie diet. calcium and potassium have also been found to be useful in bringing down the blood pressure. A vitamin-like substances, choline also reduces blood pressure.
(6) Give up alcohol:If a person continues to drink, other measures to reduce blood pressure usually fail.
(7) Stop smoking :The incidence of high blood pressure has been found to be greater in smokers. Tobacco has two toxic elements ; nicotin and carbon monoxide.
It is not only desirable but very essential that a person wanting to bring down his blood pressure, stops smoking completely.
(8) Give Magnet therapy and Acupressure a chance.
Blood pressure measurements don't count for anything if you've been walking around. Ideally, you should be sitting down for at least 5 minutes or so. Blood pressure also can vary during the day, so it's best to get measurements from similar times during the day. No caffeine in the morning either. These measurements should be repeated on a few separate occasions. Some people get "white coat hypertension" when they go to the doctor's office because they are nervous. Probably blood pressure medicines wouldn't kill you. But you don't necessarily need blood pressure medicines if your blood pressure is only high while active. When doctors study the effects of high blood pressure, they study the effects of people who are diagnosed with it as described above. You are probably at no higher cardiac risk from your blood pressure.
What Does It Mean To Have Low Blood Pressure
- what vitamins can help lower blood pressure
- what minerals and vitamins lower blood pressure
- what foods and vitamins lower blood pressure
Just for my knowledge. See, I have a friend who claims to have low blood pressure, but I don't quite know what it means. Obviously it's health related, but I want to know if it affects what they can eat or anything like that. Activities, foods, anything you guys can think of can be great.Also, I
Our body has a definite blood pressure. A drop in the said pressure is a condition termed as hypotension, more popularly low blood pressure. In such a condition, the heart forces the blood out of the arteries with much less strength than it should. Low blood pressure is an outcome of weakened and devitalized system. Some of the main causes of low blood pressure are faulty nutrition or malnutrition, emotional instability, loss of blood and slow internal bleeding. Lethargy, weakness, fatigue and dizziness are the most common symptoms of low blood pressure. A person might even faint, if the arterial pressure gets extremely low. Low blood pressure can, however, be treated naturally, using some home remedies. Read on to know how to cure low blood pressure, at home.
Home Remedy For Low Blood Pressure
* The best and the most effective home remedy for treating low blood pressure would be to consume lots of water. This is because dehydration reduces blood volume and leads to a drop in the blood pressure.
* Beetroot juice is beneficial for those suffering from low blood pressure. So, have a cup of raw beetroot juice two times a day.
* Prepare a cup of strong black coffee and consume this whenever you feel that your blood pressure is dipping.
* Put 15-20 gm of Indian Spikenard in 250 ml water and boil it. Now, remove from heat and let it cool down. Have this infusion thrice a day. You can also have 30-40 grains of Indian Spikenard, along with some camphor and cinnamon.
* Fill your bathtub with lukewarm water and add one kg of Epsom salt to it. Immerse yourself in the bath for 20 minutes, before going to bed. Take caution not to expose the body to a cold area after this.
* In a bowl of water, soak 7 almonds and keep them overnight. Peel them and prepare a paste. Add this paste to lukewarm milk and drink it.
* Take a bowl of water and soak 30 raisins in it, overnight. Chew them one by one, on an empty stomach, in the morning and have water.
* Holy basil works effectively in curing low blood pressure. Take about 15 holy basil leaves and crush them. Filter the mixture with the help of a muslin cloth. Have this filtered mixture, along with a tsp of honey, on an empty stomach.
* Include salt, asafoetida and fruits in your diet. All these are beneficial in restoring the blood pressure level.
* Foods rich in proteins, vitamin C and vitamin B are effective in treating low blood pressure.
* Exercises, light walking, swimming and cycling are beneficial in regulating the blood pressure level.
High Blood Pression Remedy